Regular dental check-ups and teeth cleanings, combined with good dental hygiene at home, are vital to your pet’s overall health and well-being.
The PIN Clinic provides dental services including routine cleaning and polishing (dental prophylaxis) and surgical extractions to manage and treat severe oral disease conditions.
During your pet’s dental examination at the PIN Clinic, your pet receives very similar treatment to what you experience at your dentist. We will:
- Remove tartar from all tooth surfaces
- Polish the teeth to remove all traces of plaque and tartar
- Conduct a periodontal exam to ensure the health of your pet’s gums
- Investigate any abscesses and pockets for potential problems
- Apply a fluoride treatment and sealant to create a barrier that prevents accumulation of plaque and tartar-forming bacteria
- If necessary, extract any teeth to prevent future problems
Regular dental check-ups and teeth cleanings, combined with good dental hygiene at home, are very important for your pet’s overall health and well-being.
During a dental cleaning session, our veterinarians also will discuss with you how to best care for your pet’s teeth at home.